The Consignment Shop Part 1: Getting Ready
So, you have items you’d like to bring to
the consignment shop? Here are a few pointers
to read before you go.
- BRING ONLY FALL ITEMS. At this time of year, shops are only accepting FALL items, so put away those summer items you want to get rid of until next year.
- FALL COLORS. Having said that only fall items are in demand right now, fall colors like red, brown/rust, black, and olive green are preferred.
- CURRENT STYLES ONLY. Don’t bring old stuff to the consignment shop! They don’t want it. Plan on bringing today’s styles that don’t fit or that you simply don’t want to wear anymore.
- MAKE SURE ITEMS ARE STORE-READY. That means items should be clean and tidy, with no stains, missing buttons, ripped hems, etc. Also, it helps if the clothes are on hangers.
- AND REMEMBER: Clothes donated to consignment shops sell for MUCH LESS MONEY. The consignment shop will take a percentage and will give you a percentage. You may or may not care about the money—you might even consider donating the items for free to a shop that gives to charitable organizations.
- A SHORT WINDOW OF TIME. Now is a good time to take fall clothes to a consignment shop, because they will only be accepting them until October or thereabouts.
Stay tuned… for our next blog about consignment, The Consignment Shop Part 2: At the Shop. I will talk about arriving at the shop with your items, how the process usually works, and my own approach when dealing with a consignment shop.
Browse Our Website and Check Out
Our Entire List of Services.
Or Call 1-561-633-3540.
WE HAVE GIFT CARDS!
Blog by Advertising That Works http://www.advertising-works.com
(508) 397-7971 / firstname.lastname@example.org